I created the Blogging It Out Challenge with the idea that it would be a hit, but I had no idea the members of my group would totally KICK ASS with this challenge like they did.
If you’re a member of the club and you completed this challenge I just want to say “you rock!”.
If you’re not a member of the club and you’re not quite ready to join us (yet… cause I know you’re gonna cave and join and see how awesome it is soon enough 😉 there is another option: Continue reading
I’ve been to my new gym every single day for the last ten days.
It’s been pretty awesome to put the focus on me and my health!
But you know what’s just as awesome about my new-found habit?
I’m actually BLOWN AWAY by the people. They are helping me set up before classes, they are teaching my how to do a proper deadlift, they are complimenting my workout leggings, they are offering to teach me the equipment. All without me asking them to do a single thing!
They just see me showing up, doing my thing and they connect with ME.
For this work at home / stay at home mom that’s HUGE. Seriously. I want to connect with people, make friends and in due time pay it forward. And what is crazy to me is that I was intimidated by the gym… like the people would be unfriendly and judgey but it has been the most friendly atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in my life!
And you might be wondering what the heck this has to do with blogging.
Here’s the thing…
You can build your business alone, or you can get “out there”.
Blogging is like going to the gym because you’re not doing it all alone anymore. I could workout at home, alone, or I can go to the gym. I can write content to my email list, privately, or I can blog.
I’m actually blogging right now of course and THEN I’ll send this to my email list. The difference is I’m now opening up to get connection, feedback, advice even!
Like going to the gym I’m going to be able to connect with people who have the same interests because now they can see me, now they know what I’m up to and they can tell if I’m their “people”!
From the amount of connection I’ve generated in just a few days at the gym I imagine that, over time, I’ll be able to make some really good friends there and be able to get and give support through my own healthy lifestyle journey.
The same thing has happened to me time and time again with blogging. I’ve made friends, connections, partners and customers from my blog time and time again. It’s a natural by-product of the blogging process over time.
That’s why I’ve created the Blogging It Out 10-Day Fast Action Challenge as this month’s Laptop Lifestyle Business Club challenge.
Blogging is a habit. Going to the gym is also a habit.
Going to the gym is also a habit. I’ve gone 10 days in a row and the more days I get it, the stronger the habit becomes. Soon it will be second nature!
That’s what my challenges kick-start for my members: habits. And the Blogging It Out Challenge is no different.
Let’s do this together! 10 Days of Blogging Tips, 8 blog post challenge days (and I’ll show you to create great posts, fast), one training webinar on Blogging Naturally and of course our amazing private group where you get accountability, answers and more.
Join the Club and don’t miss this challenge. We start Monday!
p.s. When you join the club before Monday you’ll actually get two challenges for the price of one. The Fast Content Creation Challenge will be removed for new people on Monday but if you get in now, you’ll get it too!
I’ve been a blogger since 2005. I actually remember my first blog post and it was totally NON-business related. The title was “Poker… I Won!” lol. After a fun and friendly family poker game at home.
At the time I had no idea the power of blogging and thought it was just a fun way to communicate and build relationships.
I had that part right! Blogging is an EXCELLENT tool for a whole lot of reasons. Here are five good reasons to blog for business:
1. Build Relationships – Yep and if you know anything about my business history and beliefs you’ll know that relationships are a HUGE part of my success. I have many friends in online business and I gained many of them through my blog. They started as readers, they commented and we got to know each other. One of my longest-term online friends started as a blog reader, turned into a customer and is now a dear friend who promotes my business and I promote hers.
2. Build Trust – Look… if you write enough on a blog your true colours are going to shine through whether you like it or not. Your issues will show up in what you write and the energy you use to create it. Don’t be scared! You’re a good person but you’re flawed. We ALL are flawed. A good blog doesn’t make you look PERFECT, it makes you look HUMAN and relateable and trustworthy. And when you are trying to sell stuff trust is good, trust is very, very good.
3. Get Traffic – If you’re not using your blog to get into the search engines then you’ll miss out on people searching for you or specific things you talk about, especially if you have anything that’s any way unique. I’ve been using Seo Books Keyword Tool for years and years. All you do is enter in a word like “business blogging” for example for this post and then incorporate some of the terms that people use to learn more about it in your post. In my search result I’ve incorporated the terms “business blogging tips” and “blog for business”
4. Save Time – So you should also have an email list, right? If you do you’ll know that creating content for an email list AND a blog can be time consuming. I use ConvertKit and there is a super-cool option to load my full blog post INTO the software and send it out via email. I’m doing it with this blog post (or email depending on where you read) to make my content do double-duty. Not to mention it also get pushed out via social media automatically AND through push notifications using a tool called PushCrew.
5. Creates Opportunity – Not everyone of influence who might want to partner with you is going to take the time to sign up for your list or buy your products BUT if you have a blog they can easily see what you’re about by reading through your public content. You just might start seeing a heck of a lot more offers for interviews, partnerships and more because of your blog. Definitely a win win!
Blogging is not dead. Never has been, never will be! If you’re interested in blogging I recommend you go for it!
Start now because you know “later” never gets here…
p.s. I’m doing a 10-Day FAST-ACTION Blogging Challenge in the Laptop Lifestyle Business Club starting on Monday. Join the club if you’re in 😉